News for Apple iOS 14.5/iPad OS 14.5 RC Quasi-Official is released, After Apple’s spring launch, Apple is pushing the latest Apple iOS 14.5/iPadOS 14.5 RC candidate preview with version number 18E199, close to the official version of iOS 14.5, and Apple will release the official version next week.
Apple says iOS 14.5 includes the option to unlock your iPhone with the Apple Watch while wearing a mask, new support for AirTag, support for choosing a different skin tone for couples’ emojis, and app tracking transparency lets you control which apps can track your activity in other companies’ apps and websites.
Unlock your iPhone with the Apple Watch
- Unlock your iPhone X and later phones with apple Watch Series 3 and later when you’re wearing a mask and trying to use face ID.
AirTag and Find My
- AirTag support allows you to privately and securely track and find your important items such as keys, wallets, backpacks, and more in the Find My app.
- Find accurate visual, auditory, and haptic feedback, and guide you directly to nearby AirTags with ultra-wide bandwidth from the U1 chips of the iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 models.
- AirTag can be found by playing sound through the built-in speakers.
- Find My Network, which has hundreds of millions of devices, can help you find your AirTag, even if it’s not nearby.
- When your AirTag is found, Lost Mode informs you that you can enter a phone number that you can contact.
- Supports everyone’s individual skin tones in all variants of couple kiss emojis and heart-shaped couple emojis.
- New facial emojis, heart emojis, bearded women’s emojis.
- Siri now includes many more different voice options.
- When you’re wearing AnPods or compatible Beats headphones, you can announce calls with Siri, including who’s on the phone, and you can answer them hands-free.
- Group FaceTime calls can be supported by asking Siri to make FaceTime calls with the group name in your contact list or message.
- You can call an emergency contact by asking Siri.
- App tracking transparency lets you control which apps are allowed to track your activity on other company apps and websites to serve ads or share them with data brokers.
- Using messages, Facebook and Instagram Stories to share lyrics you like, users can play clips in messages without leaving the conversation.
- The City Leaderboard showcases popular content in more than 100 cities around the world.
- The podcast program page has been redesigned to make it easier to start listening.
- You can choose to save and download episodes, which are automatically added to your library for quick access.
- Download behavior and notification settings can be customized to each program.
- Search for leaderboards and popular categories to help you discover new shows.
- Dual-card dual-waiting is supported for 5G connectivity on lines that use cellular data on iPhone 12 models.
- Improvements in smart data mode further optimize your experience on the 5G network, making the iPhone 12 models more battery life and data usage better.
- On supported carriers, the iPhone 12 models have 5G international roaming enabled.
- The redesigned News plus tab enables users of Apple News plus to quickly find, download, and manage magazines and newspapers.
- A new search experience to help you find relevant topics, channels, and stories.
- You can report accidents, hazards, or speed checks along the way by telling Siri on your iPhone or Siri on CarPlay.
- In addition to driving, you can share your estimated arrival time (ETA) while riding or walking by asking Siri or tapping the route card at the bottom of the screen, and then clicking Share ETA.
- The ability to sort reminders by title, priority, expiration date, or creation date.
- You can choose to print your reminder list.
- You can adjust the playback speed of your translation by pressing and holding the play button.
- Xbox Series X |S wireless controller or Sony PS5 DualSense wireless controller is supported.
- Ability to stream audio and video content from Apple Fitness plus workouts to AirPlay 2-enabled TVs and devices.
- With the new Siri or keyboard controls in CarPlay, the ETA in Apple Maps can be easily shared while driving.
This release also fixes the following issues.
- In some cases, the information at the bottom of the thread may be hidden by the keyboard
- The deleted information may still appear in the Spotlight search
- The information may not be able to send text continuously in some threads
- Some users’ messages do not load new messages until the device is restarted
- The call blocking and recognition section may not appear in the phone settings
- iCloud tags may not appear in Safari browsers
- iCloud keychain may be blocked from closing
- Reminders created with Siri can be inadvertently set to the morning session
- The Battery Health Reporting System will recalibrate the maximum battery capacity and peak performance capabilities of the iPhone 11 model to address inaccurate estimates of battery health reports by some users.
- Optimize to reduce the dim halo that can occur when the brightness level is reduced against a black background on an iPhone 12 model.
- Auto-switched AirPods audio is routed to an incorrect device
- Notifications that AirPods automatically switch may be lost or duplicated
1. iOS 14/iPadOS 14 Developer Preview Beta Profile: Click here to download
2, iOS 14/iPadOS 14 public beta description file: Click here to download
3, the description file, iOS firmware download must-have complete manual:
Read More About Apple: