On July 30 news Intel today officially released the new Xeon W-3300 series processors. Built for high-performance 1U workstations, the series features a new architecture for intensive workloads in AI, manufacturing, engineering, design rendering, scientific computing, and more.
The Xeon W-3300 Series CPUs have LGA 4189 slots and are built on an Intel 10nm process and are referred to as “Ice Lake”. Officially, the performance characteristics of the product are described as:
- 31% increase in memory bandwidth compared to the previous generation’s maximum memory support of 2.5 times
- Cinema 4D multithreaded performance boosts up to 45%
- Autodesk Maya Software Preview Rendering Speed Up to 26% Faster
- Adobe Premiere Pro clip and encoding speed up to 20% faster
- AutoDesk Maya Ultimate 3D. Increases rendering speed by up to 27%
|Intel Xeon W-3300 Ice Lake SKUs|
|W-3375||38 / 76||2500||4000||3300||57||270 W||$4499|
|W-3365||32 / 64||2700||4000||3500||48||270 W||$3499|
|W-3345||24 / 48||3000||4000||3700||36||250 W||$2499|
|W-3335||16 / 32||3400||4000||3700||24||250 W||$1299|
|W-3323||12 / 24||3500||3900||3700||21||220 W||$949|
Intel Xeon W-3300 Series CPU is available in the following models. W-3375, W-3365, W-3345, W-3335, W-3323. The series has a maximum of 38 cores of 76 threads, mains frequency up to 4.0GHz, 64 PCIe 4.0 channels, up to 8 channels of memory, a maximum memory capacity of 4TB, frequency support for DDR4-3200 specifications, and ECC. self-improvement memory.
Intel Xeon W-3300 Series workstation Price
Among them, the Xeon W-3375 model has 57MB cache, TDP 270W, and an official retail price of $4499.
|Xeon W-3175X vs Xeon W-3365 vs TR Pro 3975WX|
|Skylake Xeon||Ice Lake Xeon||Microarchitecture||Zen 2|
|28 / 56||32 / 64||Cores / Threads||32 / 64|
|3100 MHz||2700 MHz||Base Frequency||3500 MHz|
|4300 MHz||4000 MHz||Turbo Frequency||4200 MHz|
|1024 KB||1280 KB||L2 Cache / core||512 KB|
|38.5 MB||48 MB||L3 Cache||128 MB|
|255 W||270 W||TDP||280 W|
|6 x DDR4-2933||8 x DDR4-3200||Memory||8 x DDR4-3200|
|512 GB||4 TB||Memory Capacity||4 TB|
|PCIe 3.0 x48||PCIe 4.0 x64||PCIe||PCIe 4.0 x128|
|PCIe 3.0 x4||PCIe 3.0 x8||Chipset Link||PCIe 4.0 x8|
In addition, the processors support the AVX-512 instruction set, RAS reliability technology, and are compatible with the Austen P5800X SSD. Foreign media said that Intel Xeon W-3300 Series processors are expected to be available in 2022.
Gadget Pixels previously reported that Apple will release a new Mac Pro desktop in 2022 that is expected to feature the latest Xeon W-3300 processor.
Some Xeon W-3365 Benchmarks
W-3365 was installed a few days ago. Unfortunately the system did not fully support transatlantic shipments, and we are still debugging properly. But we were able to take the board and CPU out to do some preliminary testing. We’re going to have a full review hopefully next week.
- Processor: Intel Xeon W-3365 (32-core Ice Lake, 270W)
- Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S LGA4189
- Motherboard: Supermicro X12SPA-TF
- Memory: 8 x 16 GB of DDR4-3200 RDIMM (128 GB)
- Graphics: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
- Storage: Intel Optane P5800X 800GB + 2×1 TB Samsung 980 Pro
- Power Supply: 2x Corsair AX860i
- Operating System: Windows 10 20H2
- Microsoft Windows 11 Build 22000.100 update released: new taskbar application reminder, a lot of details optimized
- Asus Sky selection 2 R7-5800H-RTX3060 Nvidia Gaming Notebook, specsifications, price
- Microsoft Windows 11 Build 22000.65 (KB5004745) update released: new search box, taskbar support multi-screen display