Major changes! Qualcomm officially announced the flagship chip of Snapdragon 8 Gen 1: Snapdragon became an independent brand, no longer named products with three-digit, News On November 23, Qualcomm has announced. That it has made some significant changes in the branding of its Snapdragon chips. Including replacing the three-digit number that it has used to differentiate its products for many years.
Qualcomm on its official website said “Welcome to the new era of Snapdragon“. Published an article, revealing a lot of material about the changes to the Snapdragon brand.
According to Qualcomm, the changes to the Snapdragon brand are as follows:
- Qualcomm and Snapdragon brands are separated. In the future, Snapdragon will become an independent product brand , with specific links to Qualcomm’s brand under appropriate circumstances.
- New representative colors have been introduced, including Midnight, Gunmetal, Nickel, Snapdragon Red and Gold.
- Snapdragon’s iconic “fireball” will gain a new prominence and be manifested in new visual assets and other creative executions.
- Provides a new simplified and consistent naming structure for the Snapdragon platform, making it easier for customers to discover and select devices supported by Snapdragon. This means that the Snapdragon platform will transition to a combination of single -digit series and product algebra , consistent with other product categories- starting with the latest flagship Snapdragon 8 series platform (aka Snapdragon 8 Gen 1).
- Gold (gold) will only be used to represent top products.
- 5G is already ubiquitous in the Snapdragon product portfolio, and there is no need to advertise specifically for assets. Looking to the future, with the help of Snapdragon connected platforms, 5G will become an established goal.
- The Snapdragon logo has been redesigned to have a cleaner, modern, and intuitive appearance.
- The automotive product portfolio is now 100% Snapdragon brand at the platform and experience levels.
Gadget Pixels has learned that Qualcomm will hold the 2021 Snapdragon Technology Summit from November 30 to December 2, and it is expected to bring the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 flagship chip, as well as a follow up update plan for the Snapdragon brand.