News on August 6 Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.120 is now online on the DEV and Beta channels of the Windows Preview Experience Program, and users can now experience the latest version of the features.
Gadget Pixels learned that this is the fifth cumulative update of Windows 11 RTM Build 22000. Which brings many quality improvements without any new features or significant improvements.
You can now download and install a new patch, Windows 11 Cumulative Update (10.0.22000.120) (KB5005188), via Windows Check Update.
It’s worth noting that when you update to the latest version of Win11. So it automatically downloads and installs the new Defender security update as well. that follow Microsoft’s stated security themes.
Windows 11 KB5005188 offers some functional improvements for PC users. Such as Microsoft’s update of File Explorer’s right-click menu feature to provide desktop users with a more compact interface than before.
In addition, Microsoft is improving the new buttons in File Explorer by integrating drop-down menus.
From practical experience, this would allow users to see all the options in the list instead of nesting the list. The company has also addressed one such issue. Because of which the File Explorer Totton was used for a long time after using the right-click menu.
Windows 11 Build 22000.120 Other Updates:
Windows 11 brings a new widget panel. Although it is essentially still a set of applets. You can view these widgets directly from the taskbar. Including weather, sports, traffic updates and more.
Build 22000.120 also introduces a new home widget for those users. Which requires signing in to a Microsoft account. Which supports all languages and regions, and can help you view recent activities for Microsoft Home Group.
It is reported that Microsoft is preparing to launch a notification tag for the chat software icon on the taskbar. Users can view unread reminders directly from the taskbar. In addition, Microsoft has optimized the close button in the taskbar preview window and installed a “recognize” feature in the display settings to enhance the multi-monitor experience.
Here’s a list of other improvements in Build 22000.120 (KB5005188):
- Improved spacing and thumbnail sizes in ALT-Tab, Task View, and Snapshot Aid.
- File Explorer has a new scroll bar in dark mode.
- Microsoft has resolved memory overflow errors that affect File Explorer.
- The command bar for File Explorer has been updated to reduce resource usage.
- Microsoft has fixed a bug that the Task Explorer crashed.
- The right-click menu will no longer flash or be pinned to one side.
- The scroll bar issue has been fixed.
- Radio buttons in File Explorer are now highlighted when selected.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue that affects the file operation dialog box.
Microsoft Store has also received new updates along with several quality improvements. For example, the Microsoft Store now has support for auto scroll in focus. Thereby users can find their next favorite app, movie or game without having to manually scroll through the list.
Microsoft Store has also received new updates along with several quality improvements. For example, the Microsoft Store now has support for auto scroll in focus. This way users can find their next favorite app, movie or game without having to manually scroll through the list.
In addition, Microsoft has introduced a description of the game page. So that users can see more details and screenshots of the game. It has been told. That Microsoft has also provided a new Comments dialog box. The new interface is finally based on XAML instead of WebView.
Known issues in Build 22000.120
Windows 11 Build 22000.120 can damage the search bar and cause the following problems:
- Windows Search cannot detect user-entered text.
- The system and Windows Terminal do not pop up when you right-click the Start button (WIN plus X).
- The taskbar flashes.
- When you hover over a search on the taskbar, there may not be a recent search history.
- The taskbar in the Windows sandbox crashes.
- The search box may appear black or blank.
- For some users, the Windows widget will appear blank, but this can be resolved by re-signing in to your Microsoft account.
It’s worth noting that this version of the beta doesn’t seem to be as stable as the dev version. If you find. That you can’t access the taskbar or start menu after updating through the beta channel. So uninstall the update manually.
Of course, if you encounter a bug. So you can also solve it by rolling back to the previous version of Windows. For more updates, check out Microsoft’s official blog.
- Apple Releases macOS Big Sur 11.3 With M1 Optimizations: New AirTag support, M1 Mac improvements running iOS app
- Apple Releases iOS 14.5 and iPadOS 14.5 With Apple Watch iPhone Unlocking: App Tracking Transparency, iPhone 11 Recalibrate Battery
- Qualcomm introduces new 5G infrastructure platforms to Drive Cellular Ecosystem Transition to vRAN and Interoperable Networks