Apple watchOS 8
OS 8 .7 Beta 2 Release Notes
The watchOS 8.6 SDK provides support to develop watchOS apps for Apple Watch devices running watchOS 8.7 beta 2. The SDK comes bundled with Xcode 13.4, available from the Mac App Store. For information on the compatibility requirements for Xcode 13.4, see Xcode 13.4 Release Notes.
Apple watchOS 8
How to install the Apple watchOS 8 beta certificate
Note: Make sure you are running the developer beta for iOS 15 on your iPhone before attempting to install watchOS 8 beta.
- Log into developer.apple.com on the iPhone paired with your Apple Watch.
- Tap Discover.
- Tap watchOS.
- Tap Download.
- Sign in with your Apple ID if prompted.
- Tap Install Profile next to Apple watchOS 8 Beta.
- Tap Allow on the prompt asking for permission to install a profile.
- Tap on Install begin.
- Enter your Passcode if prompted to do so.
- Tap on Install to confirm.
- Tap on Restart to reboot your Apple Watch.
Once your Apple Watch has rebooted the installation process goes back to normal.
How to install the Apple watchOS beta using your iPhone
A certificate is what tells the Watch app on your iPhone. that the watchOS beta is available. Once the watch app detects the update. So the process to install it is similar to any other watchOS update. The details of which are given below. (If the beta doesn’t show up, reboot again.)
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi and launch the Apple Watch app.
- Tap on the My Watch tab.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- Tap on Download and Install.
- Enter your iPhone Passcode.
- Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Make sure your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connect it to the magnetic charger.
- Tap Install on your iPhone and/or your Apple Watch.
The Apple watchOS update will be downloaded and transferred to your Apple Watch and the Apple Watch will reboot to apply the update. You can follow the progress on the Apple Watch screen, and once it’s done, you’ll be all set.
If the watchOS update fails in the verification step. Then try again. If it fails repeatedly. So un-pair and re-pair your Apple Watch and try again. (That un-pairing and the re-pairing process takes a while, so make sure the verification isn’t actually working for you.)
How to Install Apple watchOS Beta Using Your Apple Watch
Starting with Apple watchOS 6, Apple added the ability to update your Apple Watch through the Settings app on the Apple Watch itself. While the process isn’t completely iPhone-free yet, it wouldn’t be surprising to see it become so much more during this beta cycle. Here’s how, right now, you can update your Apple Watch through the watch itself.
- Open Settings on your Apple Watch, either by using Siri or your app list.
- Tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- Tap Install.
- Tap OK.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions while still on your iPhone.
- On your Apple Watch, tap Download & Install.
Your Apple Watch still needs to be on a charger for the update to install, and it won’t do so until your watch has a battery level of at last 50%.